Saturday, November 29, 2014

More Backwards To Go Forward

 I used to think that I talked so much that folks stopped listening long ago. I was correct ...they did . My Dad used to say I was vaccinated with a Victrola needle. So maybe now with this forum , I can give people a chance to hear my voice in print or choose not too.
  At this time I would like to try and give a little more Marge, like all my sisters she was a true blue friend and a great defender of the people that she loved , Me especially . Through out my life , all the missteps, wrong turns, bad decisions I made ,were never judged or scrutinized by BIG MARGE.. I am eternally grateful.
  I kinda think my family job was to make Marge laugh, her smile was narcotic to me , it is etched in my memory as well as I know my own face. I would crack wise and she would smirk and say YOU BIG JERK...and then the payoff ...THAT SMILE..I knew my work was done here. I hid my own anger , fear and pain, and lonliness by wearing the clown shoes for all . No problem , I sometimes relished this position, is was easier then being me. Then the payoff...THAT SMILE.
  Enough POOR ME...
   We brought Marge home from the hospital on a freezing cold morning, my Mom was having some medical issues after giving birth and had to stay . My Dad borrowed a car from the man next door and took Mary & Judy and me to go get her. We were very excited and cold. My sisters were getting a sister and that made it 3 boys & 3girls.
   We got our orders from Dad to sit still and wait, ...We did. Dad returned with a bundle fully wrapped due to cold. I dont think we saw her face until we got home. I was blown away by how tiny she was, 5 lbs and as big as a loaf of white bread .Mary sat in middle of back seat flanked by Judy and Me..He told us to sit very still and gave her to Mary to hold.
  Since I was only 7 years old these are the only memories I have, I am not even sure if my brothers were there that day. Funny how that works , I probably need to ask them.
   Later on my Mom said that she would catch me staring at her in her crib, I would tell her, Dad said I was supposed to watch out for her. Little did I know we would switch roles later in life. I always felt her love.
  Our family unit is pretty solid, even through somewhat difficult times.
  I am absolutely  proud of all my siblings and their families and the achievements of each and every one of them .
  Once I get to all my memories of Marge and share them with you, HAVE I GOT A STORY TO TELL YOU....stay with me... I could use the company

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. Those of us who are not in your family can nonetheless relate to memories of new siblings. A great start! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete