Friday, November 28, 2014

Moving Forward By Going Backwards

Recently I lost my darling little sister Marge to cancer at 51 years of age, she was the sweetest most genuine person I ever met. During her funeral she was remembered by hundreds of friends (on Facebook) and aquaintances, paid their respects at the services. It was the most unreal outpouring of love I have ever witnessed.
   It made me think of how people are remembered once they pass. So in my sorrow , I decided to open a Facebook page and try to connect with the people most important in my past that I no longer see . I have an unusually large family so immediately they started hitting my page requesting friend status. I instantly had way more responses than I had considered.
  Then all the people in contact with my family members that were also part of my life many years ago, started requesting a spot on my memory lane journey.You know how it works.... Some I was overjoyed to hear from and others , I realized why I didn't ...couldn't and won't stay in contact with. It also seems that more of my past female friends are involved than the fellas...hopefully the guys will reach out also.
  I also realized that the saddest story is the one that goes untold and unheard. Hence I started this blog site to tell some stories about my life and share stories others have told to me. Some may interest you and some won't . But most of all to share the joy that life brings to us all, even during the shitty times.
  So if you are my friend past or present , I will try to bring a sense of love, honesty and  FUN to this endeavor.
  I also need to say that I never tried to write before , but have told a tale or two...stay with me.I could use the company
 

No comments:

Post a Comment