Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My Little Margie

   It has been a year since my beloved sister Margaret left this life after a long  battle with cancer. She fought with the strength I have never seen in a person before. She gave the appearance of normalcy even when the suffering was unbearable. She just didn't want anyone in her life to worry and never want anyone to pity her . It was just her way.
  After her passing emotion ran rampart , her friends , neighbors and family exhibited such an outpouring of love , that I was overwhelmed. I really never figured out how to process it all .
    At first I decided that maybe I should share my remembrance of our growing up and where we came from. That became way too painful , it reminded me of the finality of her loss. Then after awhile, and many of her closest friends sharing their Marge stories , I began feeling how I was going to flip my internal switch from sorrowful sadness to a life celebrated by all who knew her .
   She absolutely would not have accepted her family  and every single other person she knew to prolong the sorrow but get back to living life as she did .
   I am pretty sure it would make her sad if we stayed so. Although i keep her picture on my phone to view everyday. I keep her strength and her zest for life in my heart . I have made a deal with her soul.   I will always try and smile when I think of her life. I will also try to be as strong as my baby sister was in face of adversity. I will go where my heart takes me and do what I consider correct instead of what others may want me to do.
   But for one more time I will certainly make it clear , Marge I will miss you and have always loved you more than words can say.
   You will always be My Little Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment